Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cysts and Stones part two.

So after establishing multiple stones in both kidneys my Dr. (really the nurse practitioner) said, "OH, also you have a small cyst on your kidney. Not a big cyst, but she wants me to go have an ultra sound to get a better look at it. Nothing to worry about just want to get a better look at it. She says people have them all the time and often just coexist with them. So again I the nurse says's probably not going to do anything about it.

So the next week, off I go to the ultra sound lady. Which by the way was the most pleasant test I have had in a long time. Soft music, dim lights, warm jelly stuff on my back, ( any one with their mind in the gutter, get it out we are talking about my kidney's here!) really quite a nice way to spend 30 minutes of my life.

Fast forward several days, the nurse from the ultra sound techs office calls and say they would like to do further test. Of course they don't say why, but she wants me to have a CT scan....., A ct scan? I ask the nice nurse on the other side of the phone is that not the test i had in which prompted the ultra sound. Why would I have a test that I already had. "Oh"! said the surprised nurse, "let me check on that, I will call you back!" And, that she did. A few minutes later the phone rang again and she confirmed the Ultra sound tech want the ct scan with dye this time to get a clearer look at.....something. So next week I will go back to the Dr. to find out what is going on, or not know what is going on, which seems to be more par for the course.

No comments: