Thursday, May 1, 2008

5k Day

It was Saturday and my alarm was going off at 5am. "Why, Why am I doing this". A statement I would repeat over and over for the better part of the morning. I was feeling tired and a little under the weather, but I had paid my money and there was no turning back now. It had been years since I had prepared for this type of day. To the best of my knowledge it had been 8 years, one husband, one child and about 30lbs since I had prepared for this type of day.

When I stopped running I had completed 3 Marathons, 5 triathlons, and countless 5k runs. I ran 3 to 6 miles a day and sometimes would throw in a quick 8 mile bike ride or 1/2 mile swim in for fun. But this day was going to be different from the rest. So much time had past and I wasn't sure I could ever start the journey back to where I left off.

I had been in the gym for the past 4 weeks, but had not run outside for a very long time. In order to motivate myself when I started back at the gym, I also sign up for the 5k race several weeks in the future so as to keep training to be able to complete the race. I had spent money on both and that is something that we don't due unless it is a necessity. So it was set in stone, this day would come, but it seemed to come a little quicker then I had planned.

3 comments:

SonjaB said...

So what happened? Long live Team Ice Alot

Dave said...

What Sonja said. The first half of the story is good; but, part two is coming when?

Wendy said...

I have several chapters, I will post them daily, glad you like